Saturday, May 21, 2011

weekend wish list

from the top:
     Three-Tone Flat Sandal at Zara (available in sand and fuschia)
     Brett Dress Shirt by Equipment / Daddy Leopard Shirt by Equipment
     Cleo Necklace by Dannijo / Rexanna Necklace by Dannijo 

As much as I gravitate towards statement-making styles, the truth is that I frequently leave the house in jeans, a gray t-shirt, a scarf, and a pair of flip flops or Converse. Sometimes this is because I'm in a rush, and sometimes it's because I'm not feeling totally confident. I've been making a conscious effort over the past few months to wear outfits that change from day to day and better express my personality, but because I've basically spent the past five years in an outfit that is more appropriate for a lazy college student than the adult I've grown into, I get a lot of comments when I wear heels, prints, bright colors, or heavy jewelry. I realize that it's completely my own fault, and I do enjoy getting compliments, but it will definitely take some getting used to.   

footnotes:
1.  I am not exaggerating whatsoever when I say that I am obsessed with these Zara sandals. I NEED them. Why oh why does Zara refuse to open an online shop?
2.  If you're a Dannijo fan, click on this link RIGHT NOW. Trust me. Refinery 29 Reserve is currently offering an incredible deal where you can grab vouchers for $75, $150, or $300 that will snag you $150, $300, or $600 worth of merchandise at Dannijo's online shop. I've already spent my allowance for the month of May, and the necklaces above are way out of my price range, but I couldn't resist buying a voucher for $75. I've had my eye on the Jacinda ring for too long to pass this offer up.

2 comments:

  1. perfect picks, you have great style.

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete