Thursday, February 10, 2011

just discovered: the Keep Calm Gallery

Design Sponge is hands down one of my favorite blogs.  Their "Why, Thank You" post on Tuesday introduced me to the Keep Calm Gallery, established in 2007 by Hayley Thwaites and Lucas Lepola, and I am just completely smitten.  Fortunately, because I never really followed through in decorating my current apartment, I was able to easily rationalize picking up the three prints featured below.




I wanted to buy so much more -- I mean, seriously, how cute is this "Hello" notecard pack? -- but I tried to restrain myself.  I haven't won the lottery just yet or anything.

However, although I'm not a millionaire, I do consider myself to be very lucky, because aside from being a wonderful partner in so many other ways, Kevin essentially leaves all of the decorating up to me and doesn't seem to mind my penchant for things like '70s style floral prints and typography.  My only debate right now is whether I want to put "You Look Lovely Today" in the bedroom or in the bathroom.  (I'm leaning towards the bedroom, simply because our bathroom has a long way to go before it could be considered presentable.  Really.  It's not a pretty sight.)

Before I put any of the prints out on display, I would like to see if I can find some suitable frames for them.  "You Look Lovely Today" is sized at 8"x10", which should make it easy for me to find a frame that I like.  I am admittedly not the best thrift-store-shopper, patience not being one of my strong suits, but I think the local consignment shops will be a good starting point for this one.  The other two prints, though, have unusual dimensions that may require me to go the custom framing route.  If anyone has ever endeavored to make their own frames or can direct me to a good tutorial, I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment