Saturday, February 26, 2011

winter favorites: vol. II (February edition)

[ from The Locals ]
I know I said that I was going to make a concerted effort to stop depending so heavily on scarves to add interest to my outfits, but after seeing the photo above, I'm seriously coveting this similar style at Madewell (as well as that super cute knit hat).  What are your thoughts?  Is a faux fur cowl too much?  (And if not: brown or black?)


Wouldn't this be the most perfect casual Sunday brunch outfit?  I'm particularly smitten with Liz's leopard print bag from Forever 21, especially after seeing a photo on Refinery29 of the consistently inspiring Jenna Lyons carrying a leopard print bag during NYFW.  Liz's purse appears to be sold out online -- if it was ever even there to begin with -- so although I find F21 stores to be overwhelming and a little chaotic, I think I may have to bite the bullet and visit one or two of the nearby locations. 


After seeing this skirt from H&M make appearances on a number of my favorite style blogs over the past couple of weeks (first on My Style Pill, next on Keiko Lynn, and then on Eat Sleep Wear), I've been attempting of course to hunt one down for myself in the DC/MD/VA area.  No luck just yet, but I haven't quite given up hope....


[ from My Style Pill ]
Leopard print, olive green, navy stripes, AND an oversized watch?  SWOON.


No comments:

Post a Comment