Monday, March 14, 2011

not quite an outfit post: stripes, leopard print, and messy hair

scarf: Asos / striped shirt: L.L.Bean / cardigan: the Gap (no longer available)

Okay, so I know that this does not by any means fulfill my promise of an official outfit post, and I know that I've committed to trying to move away from using the scarf/cardigan combo as my security blanket, but can we just talk about how much I love mixing leopard print and stripes right now?

Side-note: this scarf is 100% cotton, but it's a bit stiffer than I prefer.  Is it foolish to hope that it might soften slightly with time and wear?

4 comments:

  1. I am loving stripes and leopard print right now, such a fab combination! Cute blog, I'm following :)
    Love, L.

    http://frills-and-lace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you give it a wash with some Persil it will soften?


    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a scarf that was stiff too and after washing it did soften up. Great leopard and stripe combo!
    http://roamwhereyouwantto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. I think I'm going to try to give the scarf a wash and see if that helps. It can't hurt, right? And even if it doesn't totally soften up, it probably won't stop me from wearing it. I'm already imagining the different ways that I can pair it this Spring with some of the floral prints in my closet.

    ReplyDelete