Saturday, March 5, 2011

what I want for breakfast

[ from 101 Cookbooks / found via Anna of Diary of a Former Food Addict ]
 - - - - - - - - - -
I have a pretty steady breakfast routine on weekdays that consists of eggs, goat cheese, and spinach, but I've been thinking about changing things up, and this is one of the first recipes that I want to try. Anna leaves out the agave nectar, and I think I might follow her lead, especially because I'm already planning to swap blueberries for the blackberries and add a few dried apricots to my bowl.


[ from Espresso and Cream / found via Tastespotting ]
- - - - - - - - - -
Kevin and I spent a couple of months in India a few years ago, and ever since that trip I have had a major soft spot for banana pancakes.  I know that these pancakes would probably be the ultimate exercise in carbicide, but just looking at that photo makes my mouth water and takes me back to sitting on the patio of my favorite cafe in McLeod Ganj, eating a banana pancake breakfast and listening to the ringing of the morning bells from the Buddhist temple located down the hill.


[ from Taylor of Sterling Style ]
- - - - - - - - - -
I used to make egg sandwiches all of the time, and if you read this blog, you already know that I'm what you might refer to as obsessed with avocado, so it pains me to admit that it never occurred to me to include it in my breakfast sandwiches.  I should point out, though, that while Taylor chose to leave out both butter and cheese in an effort to be health-conscious, I have no plans to be that disciplined when I try this out.  A little sharp cheddar or goat cheese goes a long way, anyways.


[ recipe from Smitten Kitchen / found via this post on Cupcakes and Cashmere ]
- - - - - - - - - -
I'm totally intrigued by the idea of egg pizza, and this recipe looks seriously delicious.  I don't eat real bacon these days, though, so when I try this out, I'll use fake bacon, or perhaps kosher turkey bacon, if I can find it at any of the nearby stores.  I also like the idea of adding on a vegetable like spinach or mushrooms.  But to be honest, I'll probably take the lazy route and use the pre-made whole wheat pizza dough that you can buy at Trader Joe's instead of making my own.  I hate working with yeast.

5 comments:

  1. This all looks so so yummy!


    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm banana pancakes, swoooon. The breakfast pizza looks great to. Must try. I like the dried apricot idea for the quinoa. I find if I use the vanilla almond milk it really is sweet enough without the agave. Also if I use frozen berries and use the juice from them thawing thrown in there also sweet enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a preferred brand of almond milk?
    P.S. Thanks for that frozen berries tip! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dylana, I love your blog! (And your sister's!) I'm honored that you somehow found mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Blue Diamond brand when I'm buying it, but my friend Melissa has me making my own now and it's REALLY easy and delicious. Blue Diamond I go unsweetened vanilla. The vanilla gives it a little more creamy deliciousness.

    Uhm same here Dylana, I nearly died when I saw your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete