Saturday, April 30, 2011

well vested

If you read this post, you know that I've been looking for a utility vest. Ever since I accepted the fact that there was no hope of getting the Banana Republic one that I wanted, I've been searching for a suitable alternative. This has been going on for weeks. But yesterday I had a breakthrough -- I found not just one, but two vests that could potentially end the search.



Thoughts? I'm leaning towards the J.Crew version. You can't tell from the photos I have here, but it has a removable hood, and I'm a total sucker for a hood. I'm just pissed that I didn't spot it before J.Crew's 30% off sale promotion ended on Thursday.

Of course, I also have this in my online shopping bag:


Obviously I don't need it -- I mean, I literally just bought this sleeveless trenchcoat from UO -- but seriously, how cool is this vest? Hannah found it earlier this week and sent it me the link, and I truly wish that I could justify buying it. I'm just leaving it in my shopping bag to torture myself.

3 comments:

  1. I've been seeing lots and lots of utility jackets, and am on the same hunt for one! That one from OU looks like a nice option, I'll keep looking for one on my city, wish J Crew opened a store here!

    Cess O. <3
    The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vests! My favorite is the trench vest from J.Crew <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. check out scott vestes amazing vests with lots of pockets hidden ones to mine has over 20 pockets but you can't tell my email is w_macneil@yahoo.com if you need more info I'm addicted to pockets lol

    ReplyDelete